NOT AVAILABLE FOR AUSTRALIA SHIPPING
• Regional Trophy: Decanter World Wine Awards 2014, UK
• 'Best Riesling' Trophy: Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition 2012
• ‘Best New World Riesling’ Trophy: Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition 2012
• PURE GOLD: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2013, NZ
• GOLD: Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition 2012
• GOLD: Romeo Bragato Wine Awards 2012, NZ
• GOLD: Decanter World Wine Awards 2014, UK
• Pure Silver: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2012 & 2015, NZ
• Pure Silver: Romeo Bragato Wine Awards 2013 & 2014, NZ
• Silver: NZ International Wine Show 2014, NZ
• Silver: International Wine and Spirits Competition, 2012
• Silver: Royal Easter Show Wine Awards 2013, NZ
• Silver: Spiegelau International Wine Competition 2013, NZ
Vineyard: Seifried Brightwater Vineyard
Sugar at Harvest: 38°Brix
Date of Harvest: Late April, into early May 2012
pH of Wine: 3.00
T.A of Wine: 10.7g/L
Residual Sugar: 196g/L
Vegan Friendly: Yes
Vegetarian Friendly: Yes
The Brightwater Vineyard was planted with Riesling in 1999. These vines are grown in an extremely stony area of the vineyard, where water and nutrient levels are low. This helps to restrict the plants vigour and crop at low levels. To further enhance the aromatics we removed leaves to allow light penetration and air movement around the fruiting zone.
Using 100% Riesling fruit, the grapes were hand selected at the peak of ripeness with a large portion of the fruit shrivelled and raisined, caused by natural dehydration. The grapes were then gently pressed to release a very concentrated intensely flavoured juice. The sweetness level of the juice was 38° Brix.
The fermentation was initiated immediately and continued for about three weeks. During this time, the wine was monitored and tasted regularly. The young wine was then filtered and stabilised before bottling late in July 2012. The residual sugar in the wine is 196g/L.
The 2012 Sweet Agnes Riesling is showing great potential. It has a rich nose with succulent ripe apricot and candied orange peel notes, as well as fragrant spring floral notes. The palate has a full and luscious ripe stonefruit entry. Beautifully balanced natural acidity runs throughout the palate and leaves a clean fresh finish on the wine.